cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Hacked

markwilkinson59
Joining in

I've received an email today saying that my old ntlworld.com email address has been hacked. The email starts with ALARM - I'm hacked you and stolen you information and photo.

How do I get to change the password on this email account and have I got any concerns regarding this email 

4 REPLIES 4

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi markwilkinson59, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your email account 

To be able to assist with this further, I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few details. 

This will be available via the red bar at the top of the page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Hi

This has also just happened to my wife’s ema account (secondary account). Please advise what to do. The email has been sent to her exactly as above from her own email address. She can also see read emails in her account for other platforms eg Facebook 

please advise what we need to do

I've had exactly the same thing happen to me and whoever it is has been trying to gain access to other accounts I hold (online shops etc), by going there and asking to change the passwords and then logging into my compromised e-mail account here to authorise the change.  (I think it's only been compromised via webmail online, not via my computer).  However, when I try to change my password for this e-mail account it just says "You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account."  How can I change the password to stop them using my e-mail account?  All I seem to be able to do at the moment is log into my primary account and delete the compromised one.  Thanks.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi SpikyCactus, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry to hear you are also experiencing this issue. 

In order to look in to this further, please check the red bar at the top of the page for a message from me.

Thanks, 

Nat