cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Hacked

Vintage11
Joining in

I have a NTLWORLD email address which I believe to have been hacked and now cannot access any of my emails. I think the password has been changed.

Please can anyone help with me retrieving my email and its contents.

I phoned Virgin and was told to call the police!!

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Vintage11 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the email issue.

Have you tried the advice listed here?

Let us know if you need further help.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John. Ive done all that with no luck. I changed my Virgin sign in account from the one that was NTLWORLD one that was hacked and used an alternative one, so now the NTLWORLD EMAIL isnt linked to Virgin. Not sure if this has now caused a bigger problem.

Hi @Vintage11,

Thanks for the update. To clarify, you're saying that you've changed the email address that you use to log in and access the My Virgin Media online account?

Have you performed all of the checks detailed in the link provided? This would include performing a full virus and malware scan on all of your devices along with changing the password to the email account something entirely new and unique that has never been used for that email account before.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi

My problem is that I am unable to access [REMOVED]@ntlworld.com as I believe it has been hacked and my password reset.

This email is not linked to my Virgin media sign in

i have tried all the checks in the link but with no luck.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us and for confirming what's been tested so far, Vintage11.

Sorry to hear the email in query is not linked to your account online so you can manage this, when's the last time you had access to this mailbox and do you normally log on from a browser or a client software (e.g. outlook)?

Can you please also confirm if you've cleared your devices from malware and viruses on all devices used to access this email, as if not done correctly this may cause issues with resetting your password?

Can you please use this page here and hit on 'forgot my password' to see if this works for you and if you can change the password for this email to a brand new and secure one?

Let us know how you get on and kindly share more on the above asked so we can best assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs