cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Fail

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Not sure why my *******@virginmedia.com email failed as of yesterday? I haven't changed anything, I'm not in debt with Virgin Media, so what is going on here, please? Have rebooted hub and PC, cleaned and 'disinfected' but "someone" has made a change so that Outlook does not now recognise this email account, and NEITHER DOES ANY OTHER PROGRAMME. This, on top of our recent nightmares with our @virgin.net addresses means that, at a point when my beloved sister is about to breathe her last, we do not have the time or resources to gear up family and friends for a DIFFERENT email point of contact. NOR SHOULD WE HAVE TO. Help. Please. Someone.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
10 REPLIES 10

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Yesterday, my virginmedia email stopped working. I have tried reboots, re-setting the hub etc etc. I don't seem able to get in to change password on my Virgin Media account. I am missing dozens of messages at a very difficult time for my family (my older sister is dying at the Marsden, London). This is the second time in as many weeks that Virgin has come up short in the email arena. Please, please help me get this sorted asap.

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

NB - probably no point in replying to that virgin email address BECAUSE IT IS NOT WORKING. You might try [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Trying to find out why my *******@virginmedia.com suddenly stopped working yesterday. I changed nothing. I am not in debt to Virgin Media. VM changed something, and now, whilst my sister breathes her last up at the Marsden, I CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS BECAUSE VM HAS CUT US OFF!!!!!!!!! After last nightmare with the '@virgin.net' legacy addresses we are VERY, VERY unhappy with VM, but more focused on a solution, please.

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Trying to find out why my *******@virginmedia.com suddenly stopped working yesterday. I changed nothing. I am not in debt to Virgin Media. VM changed something, and now, whilst my sister breathes her last up at the Marsden, I CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS BECAUSE VM HAS CUT US OFF!!!!!!!!! After last nightmare with the '@virgin.net' legacy addresses we are VERY, VERY unhappy with VM, but more focused on a solution, please.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ChrisBM1, thanks for your posts.

We are sorry to hear about the issue with your email account, at the minute.
Also we regret to hear about the delicate situation you and your family are into currenty, we understand how this issue can add extra stress to you now.
This problem may be caused by various reasons, we are eager to help you out asap.

To look into this further, I'm going to send you a PM. 
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Hi Adri. Many thanks for your response. We were able to sort this out over the 'phone, so all good (except that it shouldn't have happened in the first place, of course). Kind regards. Chris

ChrisBM1
On our wavelength

Hi Albob - thanks for your clear and informative answer. Understood, but the real kicker here is that Virgin Media claim they are only able to link an 'old' email account to a current, valid virgin media customer account that includes broadband (in our case) at the COST of any newer email accounts added subsequently to that same customer account. What were we expected to use whilst the problem (coming out of nowhere) had top be sorted (through the slow, grinding wheels of a (mostly) poorly-explained issue (by VM and TT) - use carrier pigeons? Yes, the kicker here is that this aspect is 100% NON-customer focused. Not your issue at all, but VM eithert have an agenda here, or they haven't looked at it from customer's perspectives. Or both. Thanks. C    

"...but VM either have an agenda here, or they haven't looked at it from customer's perspectives....."

======

I believe their 'agenda' is to, at some time in the future, dump the VM email service completely. They have already removed the facility to create new Email addresses - The end is nigh !!