cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Credentials Failed?

Porker
Tuning in

Hi

I posted yesterday, but for some reason it has been deleted by a mod (shrug).

I have 2 active accounts, 1 ntlworld.com and 1 virginmedia.com. Since the recent email kerfuffle i'm unable to access my viriginmedia.com account, at all. I normally see both accounts when I log-in on the same page, it now shows the following error:

Porker_0-1688335120069.png

I'd appreciate any feedback regarding getting this account access reinstated.

MODS! Please don't delete this image AGAIN, it doesn't show my IP address, or any personal info.

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It wasn't deleted - you can find it here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-error-Outlook-since-your-outage-yesterday-SMTP-POP3...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Two options are available.

• Wait for the current email server issues to be resolved or
  • Try creating a VM app password and using that as the password in the settings for the account concerned by clicking on the edit button to the right of the account.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

In this instance when adding a second account within a VM webmail view VM webmail is operating as an email client.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cheers for that, couldn't locate it anywhere.

After a string of PMs stating they'd deleted the image due to it showing my email address/IP address, I presumed they'd deleted the lot. The image shows neither BTW.