cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Connection

Vic08
Joining in

Since the recent problems with Broadband in our area my Email account on my main PC is unable to connect to the server - error msg 0x800CCC0E. However, my email (same account) on my iPad is working. I believe the problems with Broadband and Email system has corrupted my account settings. How do I reset my account settings?

4 REPLIES 4

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Vic08

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the email account.

Are you trying to access this via our web mail or an email client such as outlook please?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

How can I get help setting up an ntl email account in outlook - I have tried to add account and keep getting the message to check username and password. Both are correct. I have checked IMAP settings and have these set according to your guide.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Green2  You need to use a generated app password to use a third party email app

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

Once generated enter it into the password fields for the IMAP and SMTP servers

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Green2

Sorry to hear of the problems setting up your email account, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

If you follow the steps outlined by Graham_A this will help resolve the issue for you, let us know how you get on or if you need us further.

Rob