Menu
JAS106
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email Client

Hi All I was kindly helped yesterday with special port legacy and eMClient which I now understand. My next question who would you use for your email Client using POP3. And has any one used Protonmail with POP3 I am upgrading to windows 10 there mail is not nice to use.Thanks for reading this post its nice to read other peoples opinions who have a lot more experience which helps me make the wright choice.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email Client

Hello

ProtonMail if you are using the free service you cannot use an email client either POP3 or IMAP, to enable these services you have to have their paid service.

Personally I have  used both Outlook and Thunderbird, much prefer Outlook as that is what I have used for quite a number of years, both personally and at work.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email Client

My personal thought is that while POP3 has it's uses, it's not really suited to the way many people access the same email account from multiple devices.  That's why I would normally recommend IMAP over POP3.

For an email client, it depends on what you want.  Thunderbird is very capable and it's Lightning addon (bundled with the mail client by default now) gives you the same calendar functionality that Outlook has, including the ability to sync with online calendars that use CalDav.  emClient is also a very capable client.  It's not as easy to set up as Thunderbird IMHO but then again, Outlook can be a pain as well.

Tim

Edit if you asked me to rate the different email clients I'd probably go

1. Thunderbird
2. Outlook
3. emClient
4 Mailspring

The list is not exhaustive and represents my own personal preferences.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos