cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Blocked since the 4th September

Caz15
Joining in

On the 4th of Sept, Virgin blocked my email account, stating I had entered a "malware" email, I don't believe I did. I have got Norton; we ran a scan, and nothing was found.

We have checked the email settings; the IMAP is set to Port 993 and the SMTP is set to Port 465 and the encryption is SSL/TLS

They then unblocked it, but I have had no emails since on Outlook.  I can only access my emails on the web, I have since changed my password for Microsoft and for Virgin.  When ringing them we were first told, well you can access them on the web.  Not satisfactory. 

The second time we called, after 30 minutes we were transferred to someone else and after explaining the problem he said "I can help you, you need to sign up to this, cost £20, then £5 a month for six months.  He was obviously a salesman. Why should we pay for something to fix a problem that was caused by Virgin in the first place?

Anyone else had this problem, and how did you fix it?

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Caz15, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear your email was locked for a short time. Usually to unlock the email address you would have been required to update the email password. This would lead the credentials to be wrong on any clients you have such as outlook, or mobile apps. 

It's worth removing the email address and then re-adding it as new using the settings here

If outlook continues to pose a problem for you, as long as the mail account is working correctly through webmail, we are limited in what we can do so we would refer you to Gadget Rescue for them to help further. This is what the chargeable service is. It would be up to you if you wanted to add it but ultimately, if the mail account is working as it should be, it's up to you to then source further help for third party apps / clients. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs