Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Email Address Deactivated

Hi 

It appears my email address of 10+ years has been deactivated without any prior notification, can anyone help?!?! I need to access so I can swap everything to a new email address! As you can imagine it has masses of information!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Undelete Email Account

HI Kev B,

This is exactly what I need happening too, I am no longer a Virgin Media customer (was for 10+ Years) but I am still Virgin Mobile and household, I didn't know that the email went out of action, I just need to go in and get all my 10+ years of info from there!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old email addresses - can they be recovered?

What was the outcome of this please? This has happened to me today and even just having temporary access would be great!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Address Deactivated

Thank you for the post Richlay123456.

Can we please confirm if this email address is connected to an active Virgin Media account?

If not, these are usually automatically deleted after 90 days.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I’m no longer a virginmedia account holder, but the issue I have, is that I have never been notified that my account would deactivate my email address, if I had prior notice I could have sorted things out.

I need temporary access to this account as it has everything on there that I need!

please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's in the terms and conditions that it will deactivate after 90 days once it's gone it cannot be reactivated, virgin will not assist non customers 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

There would be notification as it is covered under the terms and conditions, that email accounts are deleted after 90 days although some email accounts can hang around. As you are no longer a VM broadband account holder there is nothing that VM can do.

See these posts for more info - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler

I’m hoping that after being a customer for around 15 years and still (not for long) mobile customer that they can help me, as it was an error on their behalf that I got disconnected from Virginmedia in the first place!!! 

Any form of communication would have been helpful and expected I think! 

I’m hoping that they can reconnect even if temporarily as you’d imagine the amount of information and email after 15 years! Thanks though!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richlay123456

Is the email active if you visit this link

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the email address is still active. I’ve used it daily for all the time. Thank You

0 Kudos