Menu
marcus62a
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Email Account

Hello

I have been trying to access my Virgin account using my email address for the past 5 weeks.

I keep getting the error 606 despite changing browsers, machines and all.

I cannot reset my account and have been cut off when talking to your service two times and spent 10 hours online waiting.

Please can this be fixed.

Mark ODonnell

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Account

There have been issues for many email addresses in the past week or two, many of which need the attention of VM staff. The Forum Team (VM employees) will reach this thread as soon as possible as they work through the board in date order.

In the meantime, can you confirm you are a VM broadband customer, and that the email address you are having trouble with is linked to the billing account when you sign in at my virgin media? Don't post your email address or personal details, just facts.  This will assist the community to diagnose the problem.

It will also help them to know what is occurring when you try to log in to your email?  Are there any error codes/messages?

The Forum Team have been advising these first steps:

"Have you changed your password through your online Virgin media account? Also we would recommend doing an anti virus scan on all devices that you are trying to access the impacted email account from.

Please try the above first and if you still require further assistance please come back to us and we can assist you further"

Use this link  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  and reset your password by clicking on password in 'Forgotten your email or password'.  After things are fixed, you may also wish to check your auto forwarding and filter rules which may have been set up in your webmail.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

marcus62a
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Thanks for the information. I am a VM broadband and TV user. I have managed to use another PC at work to change my password.

The link you sent me also does not work on this Mac, I get the error 606 message. Even with the password change on this Mac it still fails.

The account email is linked to my billing account. I have one more thing to try but it is getting a bit tiresome.

Thanks

Mark ODonnell

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @marcus62a

Thanks so much for popping back - sorry that you are still having issues. 

Just for some clarity - is it your online account (MyVirginMedia) that you are having issues with or your email account?  You mention in your first post that you are trying to access your Virgin Account but your title advises an issue with your email account. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
marcus62a
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Katie

To clear up any issue.

I have had trouble logging into my Virgin account which is linked to my email address.

When I open the Virgin Media site, as soon as I click sign in I get the error message. Now I have tried from two different Mac's and three different browsers as requested. I finally used my works PC which allowed me access to change the password.

After that I still could not access my account on my Mac.

I have reset cookies on one and still no joy.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Mark - I still need clarity from you. 

Is this for your online MyVirginMedia account or is it for your email account? 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
marcus62a
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

It is My Virgin Media. I use my email address to log in.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for that - I am sorry to keep asking but we have some known issues with the emails currently so wanted to confirm if it was that issue or something else entirely. 

Sounds like your issue is not linked as the fault we are aware of are impacting Virgin Media emails. 

I've managed to locate your account from here and have done a few checks and can't see any issues here - what I'll do is pop you a Private Message to go through security and we'll see if we can replicate the issue from this end for you. 

If there is still an issue, we'll need to raise an IT ticket - this usually takes around 5 working days to get resolved. 

Look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you have a moment 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for the update via Private Message @marcus62a

Glad that you have been able to log into the email account once again - if you need any further assistance then please do pop back to the thread or do create a new one if you have a separate issue and the community will be happy to help. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos