cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Account restoring Sent folder

PedroL
Joining in

Hello there.

My wife delated the contents of our sent folder from her phone. Unfortunately she did not realise that using IMAP this means all emails were deleted from the sent folder on the server. I have spoken to a chap at Virgin media support but he was not very helpful. I had to explain the difference between POP and IMAP accounts. Does anyone know if a folder can be restored on a Virgin Media email account and if so who can I call. Please don't say Ghostbusters 🙂

Thanks

Pedro

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately unless the deleted content is in the Trash folder within the VM webmail page there is no way to restore it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PedroL

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Unfortunately if the emails were not in the Junk/Trash folder then it is not retrievable, is there any way that you can get the sent emails forwarded back to yourself?

Thanks,  

Kain

Thanks All.

Unfortunately my wife also deleted the trash !!!!!!   I have to accept that they are gone and will now make sure I move sent emails to On my Mac for back up.  Thanks for your assistance.

PedroL