cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Account is still locked

MAHULB1
Joining in

I am still having trouble accessing my email account. I have logged into Virgin media without any issue but when I select 'Sign Into Your Mail Account' i get the following:-

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore.

If you have an existing Virgin Media Mail account with us, please follow the steps below, as your account may have been locked as a security precaution.

Follow these steps unlock your Virgin Media Mail account

Step 1.
Go to My Virgin Media : to create a new password for your My Virgin Media account. We need you to create a new password for this account as there may have been a security breach.

• Select Sign In
  • Select Forgotten your email or password? under the password box
  • Follow the instructions to change your password

I have changed the password, waited an hour, ran malware scans etc etc.

Can someone please unlock my account....

12 REPLIES 12

MAHULB1
Joining in

Anyone??

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there MAHULB1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced, just to clarify are you able to gain access to MyVM?

Or is this an issue with accessing your mailbox?
Regards,

Kain

MAHULB1
Joining in

Access to MyVM is fine, accessing the mailbox is not.

Thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

Currently we have been experiencing issues with email, more information can be found on this link.

Many apologies,

Kain

The Link states:-

Latest Update - 23/06/23

We have now restored the ability to send and receive emails for all affected accounts. Our teams are continuing to work flat out to restore historic emails into the inboxes of a small proportion of accounts. We apologise again for any inconvenience caused.

You have restored the ability to send and receive emails.
How can I send and receive emails when I am unable to login to webmail!

Thanks for coming back to us MAHULB1, we would have restored the ability to send and receive emails to most customer, which you would also be able to do, if you didn't have a password/login issues and once you're back in you will be able to send and receive emails.

Please can you try the following:

- Sign in to My Virgin Media 
- Go to Account settings, then Account details 
- Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail 
- Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password 
- Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked 
- Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

MAHULB1
Joining in

Many thanks Steven_L I can now login to webmail.

That's great to hear, thank you @MAHULB1 and we are so glad you are able to log in.

Please do pop back to the forums should you need any help in the future. 

sacko123
On our wavelength

I have exactly the same issue. I've followed the steps in this post but am unable to log in.

When I try to change the app password I get:

'Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side.
Please try again.'

Can anyone help me please