cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Access Deactivated

Ph17SGT
Tuning in

Hi There,

My fiancé awoke yesterday to find out that she had been completely locked out of her @virginmedia.com email account and has been advised there is no going back.  

Devastating news when you’re literally in the final stages of planning a wedding and you’ve just lost all arrangements and suppliers details (among let’s face it everything else in life these days).

No notification was given or heads up at all (we attempted multiple times to have this proven otherwise today and to no avail) just woke up one day and it’s gone.  Can anyone help us get access again?

attempted to get answers/help all day, and aside from the fact that we were hung up on 2 times by representatives, or attempted to be held to ransom by “buying something which may help her regain access” on another occasion, the net result is that access has been locked to the data,  content, and contacts of over 10 years.

we’ve been advised this is because as of last April we are no longer customers of Virgin Media (working from home we couldn’t handle how slow and laboured the broadband was so we had no choice to switch), but surely someone should have let us know they were going to completely revoke access to the email account?  It just doesn’t seem fair or right at all.

is there anyone at Virgin Media who can help us?  my partner is devastated as mentioned with the loss of so much and particularly with the planning taking place right now,  I respect you are unlikely to want us to have access to “@virginmedia.com” email addresses if we are no longer customers, but anything anyone can do to help us gain access to the emails, contacts, basically her data, so we can copy it/archive it for a small period of time?

That would be so helpful after what has been a shocking day of well below what I think anyone would call service.

Thank you in advance and I really hope this works.  

7 REPLIES 7

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ph17SGT

Sorry to hear this has happened 

Can I please ask if you have checked here for help 

Also can you please try a password reset to one you have never used before, witi 10 minutes and log back in 

Gareth_L

Thanks for the guidance Gareth_L will try your recommendations as soon as I can and let you know the outcome.

Appreciate you stepping in to support 

Hi Ph17SGT, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to us in the Community. 

That's no problem at all, it's what the team is here for. Please give the recommendations a try and if you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know so we can help. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Team,

Following my attempt to perform the actions advised above, Immediately hit a block as the system can’t find my username so I can’t perform any password resets.  

When prompted to remember the username (I do know the username) the system asks for my Account number.  Issue is I don’t know my Account number as this was from 10 years ago and I have no recent correspondence because I can’t get my emails and no bill as no longer a customer.  

@Gareth_L or @Kath_F please can you help with the next step to try?  Or anyone?

Thanks in advance

Phil

Hi Phil,

I'm afraid that once the email address has been deleted due to the fact that it is not attached to an active account, you would be unable to access your emails from that point. I can completely appreciate your frustrations and do apologise for any inconvenience and frustration this causes, but it's not possible for us to reactivate the email address.

Kindest regards,

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth,

Understood, and thank you for confirming this.

With this in mind, if I re-activate my account (assuming through some sort of subscription/product) I will then be able to re-access the email account? 

Also assuming you guys wouldn’t just delete 10 years worth of emails with no notice to the end user.

Thanks 

Hi Ph17SGT

If it's been deleted we'd not be able to re-activate it sadly. 

It does state in our Terms and Conditions, that the email needs to be linked to an active account and if not, within 90 days it gets deleted.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill