Menu
Debash0211
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ERROR ON MY VIRGIN EMAIL ACCOUNT

Hi I have had my virgin email account for years - I don't have a virgin media account now though.  This morning when I tried to get my mails I got an error saying no password entered.  I tried to re-enter what I think it is but still not working - I have tried to reset but the links then says doesn't recognise my user name?  I have a lot of sensitive info on my emails.  Can this be fixed please?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: ERROR ON MY VIRGIN EMAIL ACCOUNT

Hello

From what you have described as you are no longer a virginmedia broadband account holder is that your email has become an orphan, as under the terms and conditions it is quite clearly stated you need to have broadband with virginmedia to retain your email address, taking this into account it does so much sound that the email address has finally be deleted as being an orphan.

I am afraid that there is nothing that Virginmedia can do to help you get it back, all they can do is too make sure it is deleted fully.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Debash0211
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike, obviously naively I've not taken this into account  but I have that set up onn my banking doctors etc.... so I guess I need to change it? t hve emails on my phone with confirmations etc do I need to set up a new one and then advise everyone?

Nightmare not the answer I was hoping for but thanks ..... not 😞

Thanks 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Debash0211,

Sadly it would be a case of creating a new E-Mail account and moving whatever was used on the Virgin Media account over to that account.

If by any chance you do still have access the Virgin Media E-Mail account, on a third party device, where you're login details have been remembered, it would be wise to forward any important E-Mails as soon as you possibly can to the new E-Mail address before this is also restricted

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos