cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMAIL

PIM499
On our wavelength

I am moving house and where I am going doesn't have Virgin cable. Can i keep my Blueyonder email with another cable provider?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PIM499 Unfortunately not.  Your blueyonder email address should be closed down 90 days after you stop being a VM broadband customer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Regrettably no however it will:

• remain accessible for 90 days after termination of broadband service
  • after 90 days it will be permanently deleted; if this does not occur post back here to request its deletion
  • do not be tempted to continue using it after 90 days as it is at risk of being deleted without further notice

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PIM499 Unfortunately not.  Your blueyonder email address should be closed down 90 days after you stop being a VM broadband customer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PIM499
On our wavelength

That's really annoying. I have hundreds of contacts and I rely on my emails. Sometimes several hundred a day. I'm sure it can't be difficult for Virgin to provide an email service (without broadband) for a small fee!!  After all I get the emails on my phone.

newuser23
On our wavelength

They don't want to do email for money, in fact they don't want to do email at all. New users don't get email. You'd probably have to get a new provider anyway before long. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PIM499,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and your email query. Sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our email process.

The advise you've been provided by @用心棒 and @Graham_A is correct. Your email will be automatically deleted after 90 days of disconnecting your broadband service with us and we do provide an Email only service. Apologies.

We would advise creating a mailbox independent from a broadband provider so that your access to your emails is not limited when moving between providers.

If there's anything else we can do, please let us know.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs