forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
misterdog
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

EMAIL - SHAMBLES

If you look at the number of posts from people asking how to close their email accounts, you might notice a pattern.

Ever since Virgin moved the email system from Google (around 4 years ago IIRC) their system has been a shambles.

It is constantly bombarded with spam and then the whole system gets blacklisted, all Virgin say is 'there was no leak of information from our side'. ROFL.

The best thing Virgin could do is shut down their entire email system and tell people to use a service that actually works like Gmail.

Strangely Gmail costs nothing yet we all pay Virgin £££££££ every month. 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: EMAIL - SHAMBLES

'Strangely Gmail costs nothing yet we all pay Virgin £££££££ every month'

no one is forced to use virgins 'free' offering. in 11 years i've not used it once. isp email are notoriously poor. the last time i used an isp email service was the last century.

0 Kudos
misterdog
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If only your sage advice had been  given to all customers when they join VM.

You could have saved tens of thousands of customers, days of torture realising that the 'system' was scrap.

When I joined some 15 years ago it worked fine when running through Google security.

How hard can it be for a company the size of VM to provide a secure basic email service, the answer is obvious given the last 4 years of non performance.

As I have been using the system since joining, my blueyonder account is so engrained in my life it is nigh on impossible to ditch it .

Unless you have some sage advice on how to do such.......

0 Kudos
misterdog
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
misterdog
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bump.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi misterdog

Thanks for posting.

Would you like us to close the email account down if you hold one with us? This can only be done if it's not the primary account.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@misterdog wrote:

Oh dear - Legal Action.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/10/law-firm-launch-legal-action-over-virgin-media-uk-data...

I bet this post is never made a 'sticky'.

Very old news

Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 (9:45 am) 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks