cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMAIL HACKED!

Spencerl13
Joining in

My virginmedia email has been hacked into and the password has been changed so I can’t get in at all! The hacker has changed all of my social media passwords and sent me a really threatening email from me to me saying he is going to share explicit content of myself if I don’t send him money! 

I have been on WhatsApp for several days and the matter still isn’t sorted. I can’t get through to a human over the phone because I am constantly asked for an account number which I don’t have. My dad used to have an account virginmedia broadband and closed the account over a year ago. I was told I wouldn’t have acccess to the email after 90 days, but a year later I still do and I have continued to use it. I NEED this email closing completely and I have no way of doing this myself. I can’t log in and change the password as it has already been hacked and changed.

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Spencerl13,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that it seems your email may have been compromised. To clarify, is it your father who's the account holder of the now closed account that the email address you're referring to was linked to?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!