Menu
MrL1
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

E-mails

NTLWorld.com Email Issue

Hi John,

I have come across a post regarding you helping someone with Virgin email problems and wondered if you can help me please.

After cancelling my virgin business broadband package in November 2019, my email have worked fine up until 1st July 2020. Its now failing to connect to the mail server (smtp.virginmedia.com), i have called the support center and was on the phone for 4+ hours and came away with no solution but 2 explanations and eventually been told this was a problem from March 2020 with no immediate fix. This is ludicrous and unacceptable.

your help if any would be most appreciated.

My email account with issues is: [removed]

Regards

Mark   

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: E-mails

Hello John

Just for clarification do you still have a VM consumer broadband account ?

If you are no longer a customer of VM then please see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021 as without a current broadband account then I am afraid that the account is orphaned and normally would be deleted 90 days after account is closed, as per the terms and conditions.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: E-mails

I think it is also worth pointing out that Virgin Media business broadband connections do not come with the provision of free email addresses.

As DJ_Shadow1966  has already said VM email accounts need to be attached to VM residential broadband accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos