cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E mails not coming through in full

Janlabouts
Joining in

Hi I've been told by VM there's an outage in my area SA107LH , my e mails are not coming through in full but with ? Where the pics should be and I have to press 'load content ' to reveal all . I've contacted Apple , o2 and VM as if I turn my Wi-Fi off then the e mails come through ok , anyone else have this problem 

22 REPLIES 22

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To help troubleshoot the issue either temporarily :

• turn Web Safe off
  • use an alternative DNS, for example Quad9 or similar service

Quit Mail and re-open to see if issue still occurs.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi thank you but I have no idea what you mean !   Sorry not tech savvy . I have an iPhone so any help would be appreciated 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try turning Web Safe off by:

• open browser and go to Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media
  • sign in using account holder's authentication crednetials
  • select Account settings > Online security
  • select Virus Safe and toggle to off position
  • select Child Safe and toggle to off position
  • restart Mail app and see if issue still occurs
  • when finished troubleshooting issue restore Virus Safe and Child Safe to their previous settings

Ok thank you will give it a go . Virgin media told me it was because of an outage problem in my area but it's been like this for weeks now ! 

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Janlabouts wrote:

Virgin media told me it was because of an outage problem in my area but it's been like this for weeks now ! 

Unlikely to be due to an outage, especially if you are able to view he pictures by using the "Load Content" link at the top of the mail.  VM wouldn't necessarily support this as it's down to the Apple mail client on the iPhone (I'm assuming this is an Phone as you've mentioned Apple and O2 as well.

I've just encountered a similar issue on my iPhone which turned out to be linked to the VPN on the Norton 360 App for iOS

It appears it didn't play well with the Apple feature that hides your IP address whilst downloading pictures from http links in your emails in the background.  In my case switching the VPN off fixed the issue.  However it's hard to say for certain whether your case is the same..

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you yes it is an iPhone I've been in conversation with Apple they took over my phone to have a look , VPN with me is always off . As the mails look fine when my Wi-Fi is off and I'm on 4g then both O2 and Apple said it was my internet provider . I give up now nobody seems to be able to help me and it's only in the last few weeks it's been like this so I'm at a loss tbh . No settings have been changed on my phone so I give up !!! 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you try turning Web Safe off?

Is that in my virgin media settings ?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person