Menu
Nomad110
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

E mail spam

Getting lots of obscene e mails and bitcoin stuff. Set up a filter which removes the body of the e mail. Is there any way of stopping the e mail header coming through in the first place?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: E mail spam

Can you detail how you removed the body of the email using a filter; maybe useful for others who are receiving similar obscene emails.

If there is a repeating pattern present in a header field then you can use Filter Rule to either move these to to the spam folder or delete them straight away, read more here How do I use filters in Virgin Media Mail?; be aware an email has to arrive in your Inbox folder to trigger a match against a filter rule.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Nomad110
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi i logged into virgin media, then selected e mail. Once in the main body of the e mail page. I clicked the three dots on the top header bar then selected settings from the drop down  menu, the selected e mail, from a new drop down menu, the selected filter rule. The new page has three headings. Title of filter. I called it Filter 1. The next heading was  conditions. I selected body of the text. The entered the conditions. I put was bitcoin,sex, erection, etc. Or any comment in the body of the bad e mail. The next heading was Action. Here i selected delete from a drop down menu, then saved the settings.This appears to have stopped the body of the e mail from being displayed but i still got 13 e mails this morning all with similar headers but each one slightly different with the odd character changed. I can't see how a filter can get rid of these. Help! 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Other forum users report receiving just an (obscene) image in the message body which cannot be filtered by filter rules; unfortunately your filterrule cannot filter these.

Consider modifying the rule created by Create filter rule by:

• delete the Subject condition if appropriate
  • change the Address condition Is exactly to Contains and modify the matching text accordingly to match a broader range of addresses, for example foo@example.com could be changed to @example.com to which would filter all messages from the example.com domain.
0 Kudos