Menu
P-lin
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

E-mail attachments not visible or loading

I am trying to send scans of documents or word docs to my Solicitor.I do not have a laptop or tablet.

So I am sending e-mails on my iPhone from my Virgin Media Mail account but when I attach word docs or PDFs from my phones filestore they are not visible. When I click on the attachment it says there was an error converting this file. I have sent some emails anyway to test if the attachments were visible to the email recipient but they are not. None of the attachments are blocked file types (mostly .docx and PDF’s) and none (either individually or together) have exceeded the 25mb limit. For example I was trying to send pdf scans yesterday that were only 1.8mb. It will however let me attach photos.

I have the scans on my phone app but can’t find a way to copy or attach them to an email without storing them as files first. 

If I use the ‘share by email’ option built into the scanning app it doesn’t seem to send anything. 

Can someone please help me?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: E-mail attachments not visible or loading

No really sure what would be causing this as your attachments (combined) appear to be less that a few MB. What happens if you save a draft copy of the message in Mail and edited it in webmail; are the attachment visible?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
P-lin
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No. Attachments still not visible?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Whilst I have a think about how to troubleshoot the issue further (on an iPhone) use webmail to send the attachments.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How much available space is reported under Settings > General > About > Available?

0 Kudos
P-lin
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. But I don’t have a separate webmail account. Just my virgin media account. 

0 Kudos
P-lin
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 14.47GB

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media email accounts can be accessed via their webmail interface here https://mail2.virginmedia.com using any modern web browser.

Available storage is clear not an issue so for the moment I am stumped as to why attachments are failing. Hopefully other forum will suggest possible causes / solutions.

FYI: I have tried to replicate your issue on an iPhone but could not; photos and scanned documents made from within Mail app

0 Kudos