Menu
Stem
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

E-mail accounts

Hi,

My boot drive died, and found that I had not backed up my e-mail accounts.

Hope I explain this correctly.

I currently only use(give out) 2 e-mail addresses.

I have been able to set up my e-mail client with my main account. That works fine with recieving e-mails sent to one of the e-mails I use, but I am not getting e-mails that are sent to the second e-mail address I use.

I logged into "webmail", but only find e-mails sent to the main account. I checked the identities on that account, but none are the 2nd e-mail address I use. So there is another e-mail account, but am unable to find how to access it. (either by e-mail client, or webmail)

So the questions is:-

How do you access different e-mail accounts on webmail  (they are not external accounts, they are set up with virginmedia (blueyonder))

0 Kudos
Stem
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: E-mail accounts

Hello,

Found an answer on the forum. Now OK, well at least I can access it via e-mail client.

Stay safe
0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And in web mail follow this guidance - treat the second address as an external account (it isn't but it doesn't matter).

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-check-emails-from-another-account

Well done for using the Forum constructively in the way it is meant to be used.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Stem
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I tried again to find my second account in web-mail, but no joy.

When going into settings to select the accounts, only the main account shows, with a message below it:-

"External email is only aggregated when you are logged into webmail"

I thought I was logged into webmail.
0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear. You won't find it automatically. You have to add it. Follow the guidance in the help file that I linked to for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos