cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail account hacked

daveeb
Up to speed

Hi all my daughter has just had her VM e-mail password changed (I'm main account holder) and someone has also attempted access to her gmail account but this was unsuccessful. Could someone help me to regain access to her account please. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

daveeb
Up to speed

Got it sorted (i hope) with a link from another website i frequent.

https://oauth.virginmedia.com/as/authorization.oauth2?scope=openid+web_myvm&response_type=code&redir...

I did ring offshore CS but probably shouldn't have bothered. The adviser struggled to understand me or the problem and initially told me I didn't have any additional e-mail accounts (there are six!). Eventually told someone would get back to me but I highly doubt i'll hear anything. I had also tried the same page the link refers to earlier but it hadn't worked first time.

HI daveeb

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the email issue - is this an email that's on an active cable account?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Yes it's an additional e-mail address under my active account. As I mentioned I eventually managed to change the password using the link i showed. Hopefully the offshore CS I spoke to will continue to ignore me as I don't want them to "fix" what i've already fixed.

Hey there @daveeb thanks for the reply on the forums.

Thank you for letting us know that you have managed to resolve the issue.
As always - reach out to us if you have any queries and we will happily assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs