cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E gift card

William060993
Joining in
  • Hi there 

I have received this email off Amazon as I have redemmed my virgin Media gift card on there website and as it has not been used, they are able to refund it. My amazon account has been closed down. I am just wondering what do I put for the information that they require. The email is below. 

Hello,

You currently have 101.29 GBP amount of Amazon.co.uk gift card balance.
The unused balance of 101.29 GBP will be refunded to you because it was requested from a previous refund on the account.

Please respond to this email and let us know the bank details for the wire transfer in the below format:
Beneficiary Name:
Name Financial Institution:
Name on Account:
Bank ABA Routing Number:
Bank Account Number:
Bank Branch Number:
Swift Code:
Contact Person's Name:
Full Name:
Address Line 1:
Address Line 2:
Area/Locality:
City/State:
Pin Code:
Phone number:
Email:

3 REPLIES 3

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd think that's a scam. Neither Virgin Media or Amazon would ever ask you to provide all that information in an email.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@William060993 wrote:
I have received this email off Amazon as I have redemmed my virgin Media gift card on there website and as it has not been used, they are able to refund it. My amazon account has been closed down.

I agree with @BenMcr that the email looks very suspect. Legitimate companies never ask you to send them your bank account details by email.

I have not used my Amazon account for years but out of interest  I just signed into my account and checked what happens if you close an Amazon account. One of the main points Amazon makes is that if you close your account:

• Your available Amazon Gift Cards balance will no longer be available for you to spend.

So on the face of it I am surprised Amazon are supposedly telling you that they will refund that balance.

You really need to contact Amazon, they are the only ones who will be able to shed any light on this. Sadly contacting them  will not be easy if you no longer have an Amazon account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @William060993.

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for flagging this to us.

As mentioned by @BenMcr and @coenoby, this does seem like a scam email. We would advise getting in contact with amazon directly who can confirm this. You may also find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to-prevent-scams

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs