Menu
PM1306
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

E-Mail fault

Hi

My principal email address is of the old NTLworld variety I have numerous sub addresses all of virginmedia. the main one of those is used as my primary address and appears in good working order in Outlook. However, I have been receiving the following meassage when trying to access it thru the web site:

Your e-mail account peterm******@virginmedia.com was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again

Would appreciate a method of correcting this error.

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: E-Mail fault

You will need to access the settings option when signed into your mail VM webmail account. Once there click on email accounts and select the one you have added which is causing problems.  Then update the settings and password as necessary for the account concerned.

If you need to change the account password follow these notes.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
PM1306
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Graham

thanks for the response, I have already tried changing the password but that made no difference - other than deleting the address which I really do not want to do I don't see any other settings to change?

Best

Peter.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Your original post implied that you have added the email account concerned into the webmail view of a different VM email address.  In which case when you are in webmail and go to settings then accounts you should see an edit option next to the email address.  Clicking this brings up a window where you can check the imap and smtp settings and enter your new password.  Then click on save when the changes have been made.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
PM1306
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Graham I believe I have found were the problem lies - will attempt to rectify later. will get back to you if any further problems.

Best

Peter.

0 Kudos
Clarepam2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I think I have the same issue as you and no amount of support calls with VM are helping! How do you think you have rectified?
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello PM1306

Can you please advise on this fix as @Clarepam2 appears to be having a similar issues

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
PM1306
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This fault occurred only recently and for the life of me I could not understand where the issues lay. Like most people I have a few secondary-addresses to my primary account all of which I access via VM Website logging on through my main account. I would then perform any clean up archiving needed for the primary address and the subs believing that this was sufficient. It never dawned on me that I would still have to access each email address individually to perform a clean up of each address. One of the addresses I used had over 20k+ emails backed up over a two year period- soon as I cleared those up all issues were resolved. Hope this helps.

Best

Peter.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank yoy so much for that help PM1306

Gareth_L

0 Kudos