Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Duplicated email address

For several years have sent emails to FredSmith1234@....  but I have now also got  FredSmith123@.... a none existent address. FredSmith123@.... is not in my address book so how can I stop this address being offered as an alternative. I realise I must choose the correct one but it would be nice to not have the spurious one offered in the address line in the first place. 

Any thoughts?

ericg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Duplicated email address

What OS are you using? Are you using VM Webmail or an email client?

Meanwhile try some of the suggestions given in the thread here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Deleting-auto-filled-email-address/td-p/4189731

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am on Win7 and VM mail system, with ntlworld email address.

I tried to follow instructions from earlier thread , From VIP message 7,. Steps 1,2,3,4 followed but unable to understand step 5. How to select "To".

Help please

ericg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Select the text joe.blog@example.com, see 5(a), and then the trash can, see 5(b), to delete the entry from the Address Book.

2020-05-23.jpeg
Be aware this route for locating the contact was only used because the entry could not be located using the Address Book search function.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi VIP, I seem to have lost my address book listing. I only have "Contacts" listing. It would appear that my unwanted FredSmith123 is lurking there, and only appears when I try to generate an email to FredSmith1234. I am sure I used to have both a "contacts" list and a "Address Book" listing. Can you suggest how I can reactivate it.

Sorry for all of the confusion

ericg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AFAIK all address books appear under ▾ My address books; there is no option to alter the listing of all address books.

0 Kudos