Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreaded 403 Forbidden webmail error

Tuning in

I am now getting the dreaded 403 Forbidden webmail error.

This happens on 2 different PCs with 2 different email addresses, using 3 different browsers (FF, Edge, Chrome).

I can still send and receive email using Thunderbird email client and also on iphone, but cannot access webmail.

I have tried using a private browser tab but this makes no difference.

There is obviously a fundamental problem with the back end email service that needs to be resolved.

Could someone in Virgin Media please raise a support ticket for this to be resolved?




I'm another user with an secondary account with the 403 forbidden error when accessing webmail using any browers from last Thursday 11th May . IMAP access using my iphone is fine.

I have updated my Password last Friday as suggested earlier in this thread but the issue persists. I'm a current VM account holder too.

Can support please look into this. Many thanks

ok all working now after creating a new App password. This has unlocked the VM Webmail. This action was in the solution on this thread and in other threads but I was reluctant to do this orginally as it was the only way I could still access email vital to my work life. Lesson for me here was to follow all the actions.  Odd that in all the multiple threads on this issue VM support do not offer this as a solution. Thanks to the Really Useful contributors who have worked this out.

Update it has taken all week, but with the help of Sabrina here and IT second level support, I now have full access to my emails.

I want to say that Sabrina certainly made a stressful situation much easier to handle.

Thanks Sabrina

Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cholkat, 

Thank you for taking the time to update the thread and let us know the issue is now resolved. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Take care, 



Hi Cholkat

Do you know what Sabrina did to resolve the issue. I can access my Blueyonder account on my Android and Apple devices but not my Windows PC via different browsers and using CCleaner to tidy up cache etc. I've also tried amending my password and after 40mins it is still not working. I shall leave it a longer to allow the servers to refresh.

Rather going via the dreaded customer service line, and turning things off and on and repeating myself a dozen times it would be nice to know what the solution was.

Sabrina passed it on to their IT department and kept in touch with me.

Good Morning @EyesSquared, thanks for your contribution to the thread.

I'd be happy to look into this for you to see if there's anything I can do to help.

Check out the envelope in the top right corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,


With thanks to David_Bn for his support this issue is now resolved.

I've just finished a call with customer support(?).

I've now managed to access my account.

If it helps with future posts in the forum on the same subject (I was advised to do the following):

1. Log in to VM account

2. Account Settings> Virgin Media Mail Account settings> Generate New App Password, copy and paste (also make a note - you will need to enter the final password generated to access your account on Android and Apple device) (do not select DONE)>go back a screen (arrow top left of screen).

3.Go to Account Settings>Password - copy and paste new password, save. Log out. 

4 Repeats steps to 1 to 3 again two more times. (Remember make note of password generated by App)

5. Log in, access Virgin Media Mail from VM Account Dashboard. And fingers crossed all should work.

Please note, I went back and changed my password in VM Account to one I could remember but still needed to enter the generated one to access my e-mails on iPad and Android phone.