cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodgy emails...

jarramackem
Dialled in

After the recent loss of historic emails I have been receiving regular reports of hackers trying to access my various accounts using one of my blueyonder accounts. I use two, one for forums newsletters etc and another for only for serious accounts. It is the "serious" one that is receiving the emails - password reset requests etc. I am convinced this is because of the "outage" .

Today I am getting failed delivery reports of emails I have not sent. posted below. I have had this email address for over twenty years and it has never been compromised till this last week. 

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

You sent the following message, but this message could not be delivered to all recipients:

======================================================================
Subject: hello
hello   --  This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software. www.avg.com
======================================================================

The following addresses failed:

host alt4.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [142.250.157.27]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<xxxxx@gmail.com>:
    550-5.2.1 The user you are trying to contact is receiving mail at a rate that
    550-5.2.1 prevents additional messages from being delivered. For more
    550-5.2.1 information, please visit
    550 5.2.1  xxxxx://support.google.com/mail/?p=ReceivingRatePerm  c3-20020a637243000000b0053fb3688fadsi7250567pgn.144 - gsmtp

4 REPLIES 4

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello jarramackem.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Sorry though to hear your serious email account may have been hacked.

Can you please take a look at this handy link and let me know if you are still having issues.

I can then send you a private message to get account details/pass security and take a look.

Gareth_L

jarramackem
Dialled in

Today have logged in and my account has been locked, I had a brief glimpse of a lot of mail delivery system emails before I got locked out. This has turned into a right shambles by VM

I would appreciate a pm from one of the most please

Hello jarramackem

Lets get this sorted for you then.

If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L