Menu
themarne
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Docs spam

Hi, 

I have been increasingly getting these emails, coming from genuine senders however their emails seem to be manipulated. Any advise as to how can I stop these please? 

Emails have a zip attachment with Docs in the subject line and the body of the email says the following: I am still waiting around for your reaction, the documentation is enclosed, only if you've skipped my earlier letter.

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Docs spam

The attachments most likely contain malware & should you open it then your pc will be infected.
Either the sender has been infected & their pc is automatically emailing all their contacts with the same infection or it’s a random email from a scammer or hacker.

Enter your email address here: https://haveibeenpwned.com/ to see if it’s been compromised,if so then this is how they’ve got your email address.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Docs spam

@themarne wrote:

Emails have a zip attachment with Docs in the subject line and the body of the email says the following: I am still waiting around for your reaction, the documentation is enclosed, only if you've skipped my earlier letter.

If the miscreant behind the sending of these emails has not tried to obscure the message content then in webmail consider creating a filter rule similar to the following to direct such messages to your Spam folder:

2020-09-12.jpeg
NB do make sure to change Apply rule if any condition is met to Apple rule if all conditions are met

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks