Menu
Ealsmith
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Difficulty accessing my Ntlworld Account

Hi

I have a number of Ntlworld Email Accounts.

With one of these accounts in recent weeks I have not been able to access on either my iPhone 12 or my iMac.

I have deleted and entered in the Account details with a new password and I keep getting the following message - The Username of Password for "map.ntlworld.com" is incorrect. It is clearly not incorrect as I have changed it on my virginmedia account literally seconds before.

If anyone can help I would be very thankful

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Difficulty accessing my Ntlworld Account

Unless it is just a typo in your post the server name is wrong.  It should be imap.ntlworld.com.

Ideally you should be using imap.virginmedia.com as advised in the sticky post at the top of the forum.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/td-p/3369438/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ealsmith
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the prompt reply to my problem.

There was a typo in my original query - it should have read "imap.ntlworld.com".

I have reviewed the link provided and checked all of the settings for imap and stmp and there are as set out in the tables.

I have also had another attempt and I still get the same response.

Should I change my imap and stop settings to "map.virginmedia.com" instead of "imap.ntlworld.com".

I am in despair!

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Ealsmith,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you are having issues accessing your email account.

Have you tried using imap.virginmedia.com as suggested by Graham_A?

Let us know how you get on.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ealsmith
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have tried using my ntlworld email address with both "imap.virginmedia.com" and "smtp.virginmedia.com".

The smtp.virginmedia.com verified and I have been able to send an email successfully from my ntlworld email to another one of my email accounts. Unfortunately the imap.virginmedia.com setting is still indicating incorrect username or password.

I would be grateful for any further advice or suggestions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying back to us. 

What web browsers are you using this from? If it's safari, would you be able to try another web browser other than safari please? 

Have you also tried on another device that is not an iPhone product such as a computer or laptop? 

Do you still get the same error message? 

Please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos