Menu
Ingrams234
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Deleting virgin.net email account

Can someone from the forum team please help me delete my virgin.net email account via an IT ticket?

0 Kudos
george_g
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting virgin.net email account

The easiest way to get a hold of someone is to message our first-line support on our live online chat. They are the best chance of getting someone to fix this issue.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Ingrams234 wrote:

Can someone from the forum team please help me delete my virgin.net email account via an IT ticket?

I assume that this is an orphan email address?  Don't bother with texting or ringing front-line support.  They rarely know what you are talking about.  It is best to wait for the Forum Team (VM employees) who have access to the back-end system and can raise the ticket required.

It may take longer than before the pandemic reduced manpower, but it will be done efficiently for you.  When they say it is done, you can confirm by running the address through https://mailtester.com to be sure the mailbox is fully deleted.

In the meantime, if you have any access by webmail or email client, you can delete the contents to reduce the information available to miscreants.

If you have any questions or concerns, please ask.  The community members will be glad to advise.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've had to say this once before today in another thread. The reply you have had from the VM tech is entirely misleading and will just cause extra work for the VM teams at a time when they are already busy. The issue being described is well known. We (as VIPs and other knowledgeable users) have answered them thousands of times. We know very clearly from past experience that first line support does not understand this issue nor has any idea of how to respond to it. So trying to use web chat is utterly futile.

First of all I guess (though you do not say) that this is a case of a virgin.net address which is not associated with a live VM broadband account:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

If it is the best way through is to wait here for the VM Forum Team (the experts who are usually here) to pick up this thread and make arrangements for the address to be deleted.  They'll discuss this with you in private. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ingrams234
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I realised from reading previous posts that the Forum Team needed to sort it out. I'll wait for them to come back. Thanks for the mailtester info.
Ingrams234
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No, the email address isn't associated with a VM broadband account. Looking forward to the Forum Team picking it up. Thanks for your help!
Ingrams234
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Support with deleting a Virgin.net email account

Hi - just following up on my post on Saturday asking for help from a Forum Team member with deleting a Virgin.net email account (not connected to any other VM services).  Hope to hear from someone soon (I know you're all likely to be v busy at the moment!). Thanks.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Support with deleting a Virgin.net email account

Hello Ingrams234,

I understand that you want your email address that isn't associated to a live Virgin Media account to be deleted? I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can get it deleted for you. Please reply back to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
TR1808
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for someone to also delete mine! Not had any response from them whatsoever 

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@TR1808 wrote:

Still waiting for someone to also delete mine! Not had any response from them whatsoever 

Are you speaking about this thread, where you did not respond to a request for more information and marked it as solved?  You would be best to follow up there in your own discussion, than complain here.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Hacked-email/m-p/4270889

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

0 Kudos