Menu
Anim-al
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Deleting old ntlworl email account

Hi i used to be a customer but when I moved we didn’t have virgin media in the area so had to move to a different provider. Recently I have been receiving emails about me supposedly sending emails from this account.

Im unable to log on through the virgin media website as it says it doesn’t recognise my details, but am able to send and receive emails for this account from phones email app.

How can I go about having this email account deleted completely now?

i believe it has been hacked into but I have no control of it. 

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting old ntlworl email account

Welcome Anim-al,

What a shame your friends are being pestered, the email address should have been completely deleted after 90 days after the account closed, but they seem to linger on for years as it is two separate things. You have given all the information needed for a Forum Team member (VM employee) to get this started (finished!!) for you.

You will be contacted through this thread and then private message to get your personal details and the orphan address (don't post on the open forum).  It may be a few minutes or a few days depending on their workload, but then they will pass your case to the IT department for permanent closure.  Good luck.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting old ntlworl email account

Hi Anim-al,

I'm going to send you a PM to request some additional details on this.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos