Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Deleting old blueyonder email address's

I remember when everything was blueyonder / selfcare, there was a way to change or update email alias.. is there a way to manage myself or do I need to call tech support ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting old blueyonder email address's

There is no longer a self-care way of changing blueyonder aliases, other than the password, which is the same as that for the parent address.

Recently the VM IT staff have gained the ability to delete individual alias accounts.  

The Forum Team should be able to arrange this, if that is what you want to achieve.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks. I used to live with my mum so she was the account holder and I access her to her account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

In which case only your Mother, as the account holder, will be able to ask VM to make changes to the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I miss my virgin account … I'm now on  BT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It isn't a good option to have email accounts under the control of another person, but, out of interest, does your Mum still have the VM broadband account with these email accounts connected?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yeah we are both trying to separate the email address's and I'm trying to help her manage her own emails / names so it it doesn't come up with all my old junk mail. etc ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I do use my own Outlook now for emails etc..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok, now it gets even more complicated!  Is the email address you use a secondary one on your mum's account or an alias of her email address?

If it is a secondary account then it can be deleted by signing into My Virgin Media with your mum's primary username and going to My Profile Manage Accounts.

If an alias of the primary account the VM it staff may be able to delete it with your Mum's authorisation.

As you probably know already, you need to set up a new email address, independent of any ISP, and use that going forward.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HI jaffacake22, thanks for the message, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the email. Did you manage to follow Grahams advise?, Have you managed to resolve this? ^Chris 

0 Kudos