Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Deleting auto filled email address

Hi folks,

I use virgin webmail on my PC.  A few weeks ago, I composed a new email to Joe Bloggs at Sky and sent it.  A Joe Bloggs responded saying I'd got the wrong person, so I created a new email to a slightly different name Joe Blogs at Sky (only one 'g').

Now, every time I compose a new email to Joe, it gives an auto entry option of Joe Bloggs and below it Joe Blogs.  How do I delete the wrong entry in this auto entry?  I've checked my 'contacts' list and only the correct Joe Blogs is listed.  I can't seem to be able to delete the other, even on right clicking it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting auto filled email address

In webmail select Address Book , search / locate Joe Bloggs and delete it; compose should no longer list this email address in its drop down list of possible matches.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but that doesn't work.  There are two Joe Bloggs that pop up and only one in my directory.  I've deleted that and now all I get popping up is the one I don't want.  I've attached a screenshot of the name d.strudwick that I want to delete as I don't know this person. As soon as I hit 'compose' and then type the letter 'd' it comes up as per the picture.  I've rubbed out some personal information. Thanks.tempsnip.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Did you see something similar to the following when you searched the Address Book:

2020-04-01.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

No. Just the one contact which is the one I need to keep. The other one wasn't there?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

and also, I don't seem to have a search box when I click 'contacts' so I had to go to contacts and scroll down to the letter 'S' where I saw the one I want to keep.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

As far as I know the matches returned in the drop down are from Address Book entries. Try this instead:

1. compose a new message to d.strudwick
  2. select Save
  3. select Email and then the Drafts folder
  4. select the message saved in step 2
  5. select the To field entry and then, from the resulting pop-up contact entry, the trash can to delete
    2020-04-01.jpeg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Look in collected addresses as well as contacts

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@KevW wrote:
and also, I don't seem to have a search box when I click 'contacts' so I had to go to contacts and scroll down to the letter 'S' where I saw the one I want to keep.

Are you using a mobile / small screen device? Yes, then select 🔍 to show the search field.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Checked that and not there?
0 Kudos