Menu
Roughtor
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Deleting an old email address

I have an old linked blueyonder email address which I want to delete. It is not used, but lately I am getting inundated with spam from it. It have read a lot of old posts but am still unable to work out how to delete it. Could you please contact me for the details and arrange for it to taken off my account.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting an old email address

Sign into your My Virgin Media account with your primary username and password.  Go to the My Profile > Manage Accounts tab.  If the email address concerned is listed then click on view/change and then on delete account.

If it doesn't show up there is it in the Virgin Media Mail section under My Profile?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roughtor
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. It is not listed on the My Profile > Manage Accounts tab. It is listed on 'My Profile' as an alternative email address, but I cant see how to remove or edit it.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Roughtor wrote:

Thanks for your reply. It is not listed on the My Profile > Manage Accounts tab. It is listed on 'My Profile' as an alternative email address, but I cant see how to remove or edit it.

If it is listed there it means it is an alias of your primary email address.  These cannot be deleted as they share the same mailbox as the parent address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Roughtor
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Presumably VM would be able to do it? Any idea how I contact them. This website just sends me in circles and directs me back to the same unrelated 'help' subjects. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It has been said that they can now do this, however there have been a number of cases reported here that the process has not ended well.  The parent email mailbox gets deleted as well as the alias.

If you are prepared to loose the primary email mailbox and just use the primary username as your login information then the VM Forum Team should be able to help with this.

With the current heavy demand on VM staff time it will be 7 to 10 days before they reach this thread.

Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Roughtor

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some spam issues with one of your email addresses. 

As our VIP @Graham_A has advised, it sounds like your email address is an alias of your primary email address and is therefore linked. If we delete it, the parent email address will also be deleted. 

If you are happy for us to do this, just reply back to the thread and we can chat further via Private Message and start the process for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Roughtor
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your message. Excuse my ignorance, but am I right in thinking that I will lose all my old emails if I do have the parent email address deleted and then reinstated?

Gavin

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gavin,

Yes - if we delete the alias and the primary email address is also deleted, all emails will be lost. We will be unable to reinstate the email address.

You would need to create a brand new email address

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos