cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting an email account

keithyboy
Tuning in

After this week's nonsense, I'm moving everything I can away from virgin media email accounts. This has left me with one which is of no use.

The website is telling me I can delete it through account settings. However, all I seem to be able to do is change the password.

I have ppreviously come across a page where I could delete accounts but it seems to be well hidden.

7 REPLIES 7

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

I could be wrong, but IIRC you can only delete the additional emails, not the primary one. 

Due to decades of poor security then Moving everything away is a good idea (not moving to VM would have been better).  One can probably assume VM want customers to move away from email anyhow so they can shutter the service.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

I can't even get to the bit that tells me which one is primary.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi keithboy, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Forums. 

We are very sorry to hear you will be moving your services to another provider, this is not what we would want. 

The email can be deactivated from our side in the event that you are not able to complete the request. To arrange this, I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few more details. 

This will be available via the red bar at the top of the page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

keithyboy
Tuning in

Still open to suggestions as to how I might do this. Virgin have stopped helping me as they don't seem to believe that I am who I am. I changed passwords and email logins last week to try to fix their issue do my actual information doesn't match the information on file.

Hi @keithyboy 

Sorry that you feel the way that you do.  I can see that my colleague is still liaising with you.  If you respond to the last private message she sent you, I know she'll be more than happy to help.

Regards

Lee_R

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@keithyboy wrote:

I can't even get to the bit that tells me which one is primary.

If you are still a Virgin Media broadband customer,the primary My Virgin Media account is the one where you can view your VM bills.

In the "Manage other VM accounts" link on the Account Details tab it will list all the secondary email accounts linked to it and give you the option to delete them.

If you are not a VM broadband customer, the terms and conditions of their broadband contracts state that VM should have deleted your VM Primary and  any Secondary email accounts 90 days after the broadband account was closed.

If those email accounts still exist without a live VM broadband account the only why to get them deleted is via the VM Forum staff here.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @keithyboy 

Please do get back to Natalie with any request for further assistance.  She'll be only too happy to help.

Regards

Lee_R