Menu
hlf
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Deleting an alternate email addresses

I want to delete an alternate blueyonder email address which I no longer use and is receiving a lot of spam which then comes into my main email account.  I don't want to delete the whole account or risk doing so

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting an alternate email addresses

If the address concerned is showing as an alternate email address in the Virgin Media Mail section when you are signed into My Virgin Media > My Profile then it is an alias of the primary account and shares the same mailbox and password.  As such it cannot easily and safely be deleted.

If it shows under the Manage Accounts tab then it is a secondary account rather than an alternate and can be deleted by clicking on View/Change to the right of the address and click on the delete this account button.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey @hlf,

Have you been able to get your email address deleted from your account with the advice from @Graham_A?

If you haven't got this done, we can arrange for our IT team to have a look and confirm if the address can be removed from our system.

If you would like me to look into this further, please respond to my private message and I can look into this further for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
hlf
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for offering to help but I am reluctant for you to delete an alternative account name in case I lose all the emails in my main account as well.  I onlt want to do this because I am receiving so much spam in my blueyonder account  - it is not a problem with my gmail account but I am tired of reporting and deleting the span several times a day in my blueyonder account.  The spam comes from a different address every time usually with just a string of letters in the address and is to alert me Bitcoin wins or needing to renew my McFee or other account.  Why is this happening and can anything be done ?

0 Kudos