Menu
davebradley
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Deleting a compromised NTLWorld email account

Hi, my primary NTl World email was hacked, i rang virgin and they said they would delete it but its still open and receiving and sending emails (not by me!) to my wife and to my virgin media email account so it's still being remotely controlled despite me changing my account passwords etc, the only way i can see them is by logging onto virgins home page and clicking on emails, i've tried to delete it myself but the box is greyed out and a "no entry" sign pops up if i try to click on it, i really need this account deleting urgently as i'm worried about them getting hold of banking or paypal details etc 

kind regards Dave.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleting a compromised NTLWorld email account

you can't delete your primery account.

change your password and make sure you have no email forwarding rules setup.

If you have done that they may just be spoofing the address. you do not been access to the account to send emails as the email address
0 Kudos
davebradley
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply,the password has been changed , but i'm not certain how to set up no forwarding emails rule ? i received a letter from Virgin about my NTLWORLD email being suspended due to the amount of spam etc being sent from it !

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi davebradley, sorry for the delayed response. At what stage are you getting stuck with regards to setting up the no forwarding rules? They can usually be configured under webmail's options on the left hand side.

Tom 

0 Kudos