Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Deleting Secondary Email Address

THe only VM email address that I now use is my primary ntlworld address. I deleted my secondary addresses, but unfortunately did not cancel the forwarding to my primary address before doing so. The secondary addresses are still active in that they are still receiving spam, but not active enough for me to log in and cancel the forwarding. I understand that the IT team can be contacted, via this forum, to manually delete the unused addresses.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Deleting Secondary Email Address

Good Afternoon NoIW

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you

Sorry to see you've been having issues with the secondary E-Mail accounts, have you been able to delete the addresses, via the self-care account, since your post on Thursday?

We'll be able to seek to have the E-Mail addresses removed from the account if required, by our IT team

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi David_Bn

Thanks for your response.

I logged in to my primary account and deleted five secondary/additional email addresses.  Unfortunately one of them is receiving a lot of spam and forwarding it to my primary address.  Having deleted the offending address, I can no longer log in to it to cancel the forwarding.  The cancelled addresses are returned as active by MailTester.com.

Hope this makes sense.

Yours,

NolW

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming this for us NolW.

If this isn't the primary email address we can pop you over a private message to confirm some security and get this removed with our IT team.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Thanks for responding with a private message. I replied with the required security details but am not sure that you received them. Was the information provided sufficient for you to refer the problem to the IT team?

Thanks, NolW

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It would appear that logging in to a primary account and deleting the associated secondary accounts (and email addresses), merely denies access to the account holder.  The account remains active in that emails can still be addressed to the 'deleted' accounts, with the originator receiving no notification that their emails are not being received. After 90 days the accounts become completely inactive. 

Perhaps someone at VM could explain the logic behind this arrangement.  

0 Kudos