Menu
Paulo2800
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Deleteing e mails

Hi I am having issues with deleting my e mails ,I have deleted them out before but noticed the other day that they didn't get deleted out so looking for help to stop this happening. This has happened 3 times over the course of a few weeks.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleteing e mails

@Paulo2800 wrote:

I am having issues with deleting my e mails ,I have deleted them out before but noticed the other day that they didn't get deleted out so looking for help to stop this happening. This has happened 3 times over the course of a few weeks.

We cannot see what is going on so you really need to give us a bit more information before anyone can offer any advice. Such as:

1) Are you deleting the emails directly from your VM Webmail account on the VM website or are you deleting them from an email app or your phone or other device? If your are deleting via an email app which one is it and are you using IMAP or POP3 settings in the app?

2) Do the deleted emails simply refuse to be deleted or do they disappear when you delete them but then reappear when you next check your email?

3) If you can set out what you have done and seen step by step that would be great.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paulo2800
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for reply,I am deleting e mail from the app its were I sign into the app using my virgin media e mail address and password and I delete them and they reappear a few days later.

This has never happened before and it only started happening a few weeks ago,I have deleted all the e mails on 1 day and they would all be there again the next ,so annoying,would also point out i have no idea were to look for the pop3 or Imap.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Paulo2800 wrote:

I am deleting e mail from the app its were I sign into the app using my virgin media e mail address and password and I delete them and they reappear a few days later.

I'm sorry, I'm still not completely sure which method you are using.

Just to clarify, do you sign into what you refer to as "the app" from a page like this https://mail.virginmedia.com   using your email address  and password?  

If so that is the VM webmail service on the VM website and POP3 and IMAP servers do not need to come into it so don't worry.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the kudos and for marking my post as a helpful answer. 😉

Unfortunately, without more detailed information, the only other help I can give you this is "How to" sheet from Virgin Media on deleting emails from the VM Webmail service. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-delete-my-emails 

Unless you also check your emails using a second app (in addition the VM Webmail service) I am at a  loss to explain why the deleted emails sometimes reappear.

Coenoby

0 Kudos