cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted mail

Barbraella
Superfast

Is it possible to find a message that has been deleted, and the trash emptied ??🤔

Thank you

Barbara🌺

3 REPLIES 3

Barbraella
Superfast

Does anyone know if I can find an email that I deleted in error ?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the email concerned is not in the Trash folder within VM webmail then it has been permanently deleted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If multiple email clients are used to access the account's mailbox there may exist an opportunity to recover the message where an email client retrieves messages using:

•  POP3, in this case if the message was deleted in the client then it should still be available in webmail and if deleted from webmail then the reverse is true
  • IMAP, in this case if a client has yet to synchronise with the email server take it, or the device, offline, then start the client and look for the missing message

If none of the above are applicable then regrettable the message is, as Graham_A stated earlier, unrecoverable.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks