Did you mean: 

Deleted email

Salvador17
Joining in

How can I retrieve my emails when I accidentally deleted my account 

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That depends what account you deleted. If was an account on an email app, you should be able the create that account again and download emails again.  But if you deleted the webmail account, that has permanently gone. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Salvador17 thanks for your post although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

If you could clarify please how/what you've deleted we can advise further, have you deleted through an App such as Outlook? Or have you done this when signed in through your My Virgin Media account?

Many thanks

Tom_W

I was not able to receive or send emails it said didn’t recognise my password .I went into setting mail,accounts,blueyonder.co.U.K. delete account.This was on my iPad I still have emails on my iPhone

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case you should be able to add the email address again on your iPad.

However in order to do this you will need to generate an app password for the email address concerned.  In addition, to do this you are likely to be asked to change the sign in username for the account to a third party email address in order for a verification code to be sent.  This doesn't change the underlying email address only the way to sign in to it.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Let us know if the steps offered by Graham_A have helped resolve the issue for you Salvador17 🙂

Rob