Menu
Nickietownsend
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Deleted email address

• Set up a new email address on Tuesday, virgin accidentally deleted it the same day. I want the email address reopened, they say they can't. Waiting for a further callback but as I never got the first one,not feeling confident they will do anything. Any help please virgin?
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleted email address

how did virgin "accidentally deleted it"
0 Kudos
Nickietownsend
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Exactly. I set up new address. Deleted old one. Got 2 emails on new account from them asking to verify it, wouldn't let me when I clicked on it. Got email from them on the old address confirming that one was closed however, still kept getting emails and still couldn't log in to new one, phoned up was given new password, still couldn't log in. Was promised callback which I never got, old email box disappeared on Friday. called again on Friday to be told both had been closed accidentally and they couldn't reopen new one. Then said we'll raise it higher and call you back, they just called haven't done anything but still said couldn't reopen it,then said we'll call you back in 48 hours.........  

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The process of creating new email accounts on a VM account does not involve an emailed verification stage.

The only time a verification email is sent is if you try to change the login username for an existing VM email account.

So something isn't stacking up with your issue as currently described.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nickietownsend
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ah yes, the first email says your virgin media mail account is ready to use. The second one says verify your contact email address which it wouldn't let me until I got a new password from them on the phone. Apologies. However, the fact still remains that I can log in to my account with new email address but cant read the emails on the new email address (I read the 2 from virgin on my gmail app which now says credentials needed) and now they tell me they have accidentally deleted it

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nickietownsend,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear you've been having some troubles with your Virgin Media email address and online account. It wouldn't necessarily be possible for us to 'accidentally'  delete an email account, as the only way we can terminate email addresses is by raising a request to our second line support team/IT team to complete. Because of this, it's extremely unlikely that this would be the case.

Are you able to access your My Virgin Media account? If so, can you please log in here and go to 'My Profile' > 'manage accounts' and check your email addresses there?

You can also change your contact email address and username email under 'My Profile' if you need to. Let me know if you're still getting stuck.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Nickietownsend
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

Although I am able to access my emails and send through my Gmail app on my phone, I can't access my emails on the virgin web site still. I can log into my account but it says I have set up an email address......

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey Nickietownsend,

Were no email addresses showing up under my profile at all? 

And when you can see you can access your emails through Gmail, can I confirm that you're referring to emails from a Virgin email account?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Nickietownsend
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth yes it's a virginmedia email account. I just use the Gmail app on my phone to read the emails. This is working fine. When I log into my virginmedia account it says you have not set up your email yet. My contact and log in info is showing correctly

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming - have you moved home at all since being a customer of ours? It may be that the email address you're referring to is still linked with an old account.

Thanks 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos