Menu
Kweb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Deleted email account hacked

Can anyone help me? I deleted a secondary email account in 2017 because it was hacked (confirmed by Virgin today). 

Now my primary email account has been blocked at least 4 times and I have received 3 letters from Virgin in the last month saying the deleted account has been sending spam emails. 

I have used online chat and called the helpline for almost an hour this morning but still not able to solve the problem. They put me through to security who said they could not help with accounts and I should call virgin back.  I called back and was told they could not get into my account and to call back after 3pm! 

If I cannot see the email account and Virgin cannot see the account because it has been deleted how can I resolve the issue and stop my main Virgin email account from being blocked?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Deleted email account hacked

The deletion process sometimes does not work correctly and the email address remains in some of the VM databases. 

The forum team should be able to refer this to the email/it team so that the address can be fully deleted.  They will contact you via this forum and are likely to request some information from you via private message.

Kweb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kweb,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear of the email issues you're having.

May I ask, are the two addresses linked together on the same account?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Kweb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

The account was an additional email address built on my primary account but I did not change any settings to link the accounts.

I received another text from Virgin again today to say my account has been locked yet again.

Kay

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, What did the letter advise to do with regards to this?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Kweb
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The letters have said I should change the passwords and check security which I have done many times. But as the problem stems from an email address that has been deleted so I cannot change the details for that email address.

Virgin confirmed the problem email address was deleted in 2017 so it must be something they have to change on their system to fully delete the email account.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kweb,

So I can assist you further with this, I'll be sending you a PM to sort this out.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos