cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Secondary Email, but it is still working

8thFloor
Joining in

Hi - please could someone from tech support look into this? 

I deleted one of my secondary emails yesterday by logging in to my Virgin Media account.   I'd previously set up a forwarding rule from that secondary email to my primary email.

Having deleted that secondary email, it still appears to be active as I am still getting emails forwarded on from it, when it should be deleted and therefore not working.

Grateful for any help please in deleting the secondary email so it no longer works.  

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@8thFloor wrote:

Thanks for that coenoby. 

Checked that out and the email is coming up as "real" which suggests the deletion hasn't taken effect yet.

Thanks for confirming that.

The VM email account deletion process does seem a bit flaky at times. It sometimes just removes access to the VM webmail account for that address but leaves the mailbox itself still live. That means it can still receive emails but you cannot access the Webmail account to remove the auto forward.

One of the Forum Team (VM staff members who support this forum) should be able to check this out and arrange to get the account fully deleted for you. One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

However, it may be that the mailbox will be soon be deleted as part of the standard deletion process so worth continuing to check via that link from time to time.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@8thFloor wrote: Having deleted that secondary email, it still appears to be active

Just to double check that, if you enter that email address into this website https://cleantalk.org/email-checker does it come up "real", that confirms it's live  or "fake" which suggests it's deleted?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

8thFloor
Joining in

Thanks for that coenoby. 

Checked that out and the email is coming up as "real" which suggests the deletion hasn't taken effect yet.

That cleantalk website very useful though, many thanks for the sign-posting!

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@8thFloor wrote:

Thanks for that coenoby. 

Thanks for confirming that.

The VM email account deletion process does seem a bit flaky at times. It sometimes just removes access to the VM webmail account for that address but leaves the mailbox itself still live. That means it can still receive emails but you cannot access the Webmail account to remove the auto forward.

One of the Forum Team (VM staff members who support this forum) should be able to check this out and arrange to get the account fully deleted for you. One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

However, it may be that the mailbox will be soon be deleted as part of the standard deletion process so worth continuing to check via that link from time to time.

Coenoby