Menu
Dddamojpayne
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Delete orphaned email account

Hi,

recently my orphaned ntlworld.com account was pwned, and I started receiving various extortion, password reset request, etc emails. I no longer use this account, and I imagine the reason it’s not been taken over completely by scammers is because of its orphaned status (I can’t log into the account even though the email server still sends me mail). From other posts I understand the forum team can help me to delete this account permanently?

many thanks

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete orphaned email account

@Dddamojpayne wrote:

From other posts I understand the forum team can help me to delete this account permanently?

You are absolutely spot on with that. Smiley Happy Well done for checking through the forum before posting.

A member of the team will be along to get the full details from you to enable them to arrange for that to happen. In the meantime do not post the details here. Smiley Wink

Just for information though there are a few misconceptions in the rest of your post:

"I imagine the reason it’s not been taken over completely by scammers is because of its orphaned status"

The scammers have no idea what an orphaned  account is, let along whether your email account is orphaned. Scammers are simply looking for any email addresses they can use to make money and they can do that as long as the account is live and they can access it.

"I can’t log into the account even though the email server still sends me mail"

That could simply be due to the fact VM are already in the process of deleting the account or that the deletion process has not completed correctly.

"I started receiving various extortion, password reset request, etc emails."

Were these reset requests for other online accounts that your ntlword address is linked to? If so you need to get those other online accounts updated to your new email address and check that no fraudulent activity has taken place.

Anyway, just sit tight and the Forum Team will get the ntlworld account fully deleted for you.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete orphaned email account

Hello Dddamojpayne,

I am sorry to hear that has happened, I am going to send you a private message, if you can please reply I can look into this.

Thanks Joe_F