Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Delete old ntlworld email

I have tried to address this through live chat with virgin but got incorrect information. - after two hours of waiting to speak to someone.  I am aware there have been other threads on this, but they too don't seem to supply the correct information.

I want to delete my old ntlworld account I am constantly getting letters and emails to say that it is being hacked.  The only thing I can see in the menu is to change the address but I want it gone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete old ntlworld email

Are you a current VM broadband customer?  If the address is the primary address, it can not be deleted until 90 days after you cease being a customer.

Better to regain control and check your whole network security - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

If it is a secondary address, you can delete it by signing in as the primary billing account, go to the manage accounts tab and select the address for deletion.  Then check via mailtester.com, to see if the mailbox has been deleted.  Any problems, come back to this thread and let us know, as it may need intervention of the Forum Team (VM employees)

If you are not a VM broadband customer, also wait for the Forum Team.  They will take your information by private message.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos