Menu
Traceysank
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Delete old email address

I have an old virgin email address  which I gave lost password to I have not been with virgin for at least 8 years  the problem is it is still attached to some of my other accounts  and I need to delete as someone as got into it and as been using it on face book and now the last 2 days someone Russian as set up an Instagram account as I  have been getting codes to verify I find out just they have set up an Instagram account with my email  address I cannot cancel the email as I am not with virgin and cannot change password either urgent help needed 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete old email address

The VM Forum should be able to help you get this deleted. They will respond here in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Traceysank 

Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I can look into this for you, do you still need access to the email address? 

The problem being is as you are no longer a customer we might not be able to get you access to the account, however It is possible for me to delete this for you.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Traceysank
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes this is the email address it is still in use but I cannot change password as I don’t have an account but I can see all the persons activity they have took it over and have set up an Instagram account and got it verified on this email they are sending loads emails and god knows what else they are doing I just want it deleted it is creepy watching them use it and I can’t do nothing about it 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Can you please let me know if the email address you have signed up to the forums with is the email address in question? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Traceysank
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes it’s the email address on here do I need to go to police now it’s been a week and I still cannot get this email address deleted they have made a face book account now and are even verifying it using this email address I am at my wits end now 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I am going to need to drop you a PM so that I can look further into this for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos