Menu
CarolAB1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Delete old email accounts

I have an old virgin.net email account that I have not used for a long time. I no longer have access to it. Recently this email address has been used to try and set up new accounts and access other applications as well as sending spam. I would like to have this email account completely deleted but unsure how to get this done.

I would appreciate some help

many thanks

carol

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete old email accounts

Hi @CarolAB1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your email service. Do you happen to know if the email address you're referring to and wish to have deactivated/deleted is your primary email address on that account?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CarolAB1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We no longer have a Virgin account with internet connection as we had major problems with internet connection and accessing our virgin account and so moved to another internet provider. 
The virgin.net email I used for many years until it was hacked about 14 months ago. Then I stopped using it.  This has now happened for a second time and so I would like to have it disabled entirely.
There were two emails attached to our virgin account. Neither of which is used any more. Both can be disabled if possible. Please let me know what information you need. 
many thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks CarolAB1,

This is something I can help with 🙂

I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

H iCarolAB1,

Thank you for sending those details over via private message. 

I've raised an IT ticket for you to get the email addresses deleted. 

This usually takes around 5-7 days.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos