Menu
Fidgetpie
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Delete old email accounts

Hi I left VM 6 years ago because we moved to an area that doesn’t have VM. Recently I’ve had EBay account attacked and when I got into my account, it had my old ntlworld email address had been used so seems my old email has been hacked. I have 3 accounts - could you put me in touch with who is able to delete the accounts? It would be very much appreciated. I have checked and the email address has been part of several security breaches. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Delete old email accounts

staff can arrange for this to be deleted but it will take them about a week to get here
Fidgetpie
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi many thanks for your quick reply! Is there a specific phone number or email I contact? 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no email. best to wait here for staff. you'll want to poke your eyes out after trying to contact offshire
0 Kudos
Fidgetpie
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Haha - thanks - there seems to be quite a few people affected recently- do you think VM have had a data breach with old email addresses? 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Fidgetpie and welcome to our community.

We are trying to get the backlog of old emails over 90 days removed from the system at the moment sorry for the inconvenience.

We'll pop you over a private message if you can include as much of the account information questions as possible and confirm the email addresses in question.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos