Menu
BMF2808
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Delete obsolete email.

Hi

My husband and I have obsolete ntlworld email addresses which need deleting as they keep appearing as possible security breaches and we are worried they could cause us problems.

Please let me know what information you need to delete the accounts.

Thanks

Brenda Flaherty

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delete obsolete email.

Make sure to have backups of all data to be removed and that email address are not linked to any services before proceeding.

Sign in here My Virgin Media > My Profile > Manage accounts using the account holder's authentication credentials, select View/Change and then Delete this account; proceed with care as it may not be possible to recover a deleted account. The primary / account holder's email address cannot be deleted if linked against an active broadband service. If more than 90 days have passed since the broadband service was terminated then post back here and the forum team will help with deletion of all email address linked to the old account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BMF2808
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI

The two accounts have not been used for over a year so please could the forum team help with deletion?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @BMF2808

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding deleting two obsolete NTL World email addresses that you and your husband no longer use.

Just to check: are either of these email addresses the primary account email that's linked to your Virgin broadband services? We are unable to delete primary email addresses, just so you know.

If not, I'm happy to get these deleted for you. I will send you a private message now requesting the information that I require to get this done. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos